• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat 4-13/14

Enhanced has been expanded...
b38f2170d93166426fed660fe5902bbd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Went walking in the morning, not long after looking at the radar and seeing how ominous it was. Was comfortable to me, but pretty humid. Now hearing thunder in the distance. It's coming...

Sun is coming out. One day I'd prefer not to see it. Gonna juice things up I'm afraid

Should be clear on severewx in my part of the upstate. Heavy rain and no sun. The flood gates are open, however.

Looking at the RADAR trends.. You can see the MCV that is near Macon, ramping up the echoes from Dublin to near Monroe GA.. Have some concerns as this moves into the unstable air to the NE

Really strong storms back to my west in parts of Spartanburg Laurens and Greenwood counties. The SPC should get that tornado watch out soon.

Do anyone think Charleston could see some tornadic storms? Sun still out and temperature of 77 degrees.
Should take a while for this thing to get to you as it pivots. Maybe just before midnight. Temps should have a chance to drop but you are still in the enhanced area at the coast

Looking at the RADAR trends.. You can see the MCV that is near Macon, ramping up the echoes from Dublin to near Monroe GA.. Have some concerns as this moves into the unstable air to the NE
That's going to be an interesting feature when it gets up this way

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Man if this line would have been just an hour later we could have really got crushed IMBY (just south of I85). Winter Spring Summer, timing is always more of a factor than storm dynamics

Really strong storms back to my west in parts of Spartanburg Laurens and Greenwood counties. The SPC should get that tornado watch out soon.
URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
Tornado Watch Number 52
NWS Storm Prediction Center Norman OK
1215 PM EDT Sun Apr 15 2018

The NWS Storm Prediction Center has issued a

* Tornado Watch for portions of
East Georgia
Western North Carolina
South Carolina
Far southern Virginia
Coastal Waters

* Effective this Sunday afternoon and evening from 1215 PM until
700 PM EDT.

* Primary threats include...
A few tornadoes likely
Scattered damaging wind gusts to 70 mph likely

SUMMARY...Bands of storms will continue to intensify and race
northeastward through the afternoon and early evening. A highly
sheared environment will support the possibility of line-embedded
circulations capable of tornadoes aside from wind damage, especially
with the more prominent bowing segments.

The tornado watch area is approximately along and 50 statute miles
east and west of a line from 75 miles north northeast of Hickory NC
to 75 miles south southeast of Augusta GA. For a complete depiction
of the watch see the associated watch outline update (WOUS64 KWNS
WOU2).

This is a strange setup. The old “once the initial line moves through you should be in the clear” saying doesn’t really apply here since this thing is pivoting and moisture is moving almost due north. Curious to see how this thing plays out...

Lol the storms are taking forever to get to right "here". It's finally gotten to where it's a stone's throw away even though it was looking like it was two hours away in the morning..

Back