• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Radarscope or RadarOmega

znel52

Reaction score
So which one do you guys prefer on your smart device? I still go with Radarscope because it generally performs better and just feels more 'polished' to me.

RadarOmega does have some pretty cool unique features and better mapping however. I must say with recent updates the performance of the app is greatly improved. Much more snappy.

I use both but mainly go with Radarscope because I prefer the application UI. There use to be a performance difference there but Omega has really caught up.

Or is there another option you guys like?

I have both, I like RadarScope but the recent addition of new features to their tier 2 subscription only is ticking me off a bit. I’ve been using radaromega a bit more lately, the UI isn’t as good but I love the metar access it has and the higher degree of customization as well. I’m leaning towards their product more vs RadarScope but for now I use both. I only have tier 1 for RadarScope.

Also another one I found is weather lab. It reminds me a bit of a mobile version of GR2 since you can do slices of storms and look at them in 3D. I don’t have the subscription for that but have considered it for severe season.

Also another one I found is weather lab. It reminds me a bit of a mobile version of GR2 since you can do slices of storms and look at them in 3D. I don’t have the subscription for that but have considered it for severe season.
Nice! I haven't heard of that one before will have to check it out.

Reactions: SD
I have both, I like RadarScope but the recent addition of new features to their tier 2 subscription only is ticking me off a bit. I’ve been using radaromega a bit more lately, the UI isn’t as good but I love the metar access it has and the higher degree of customization as well. I’m leaning towards their product more vs RadarScope but for now I use both. I only have tier 1 for RadarScope.

I'm considering RadarScope. does the tier 1 basic show real time lightning or do I need the Pro for lightning. I'm not advanced enough to understand the reading and such like some/most of you. lol
TIA

I'm considering RadarScope. does the tier 1 basic show real time lightning or do I need the Pro for lightning. I'm not advanced enough to understand the reading and such like some/most of you. lol
TIA

The tier 1 on Radarscope includes the lightning data. I think they are planning a 3rd tier, one that will be cheaper than tier 2 but more than tier 1 and have a few extra features that tier 1 doesn't have. Tier 2 allows you to do custom color tables which I really like.

What is the latest version of GRLevel3? I have one of the 2.xx versions but with the removal of Classic Velocity and reflectivity feeds by the NWS, I am considering using Radarscope. Does the newer versions of GRLevel XXX have the super resolution feeds?

Reactions: SD
Back