• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Posting Guidelines and Miscellaneous Admin Communications

Rain Cold

Pattern Cha...Loading...
2024 Supporter
2017-2023 Supporter
Reaction score
Reposting here for visibility and expansionary commentary as necessary:

PLEASE READ

TLDR Section

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. It's awesome to be tracking a wintry threat so early in the season, which hopefully, is a good harbinger of things to come for the winter. It seems like it's been quite a long time since we've had a good old fashioned cold and stormy winter. Hopefully, this winter defies the recent trends, and we get to spend a lot of time together tracking threats that turn out to be actual high-impact events.

As we kick-off the fun season, let's all (me included) try to keep as much banter out of the pattern and storm threads as possible. While some conversation and back and forth is going to happen, let's do our best to keep the discussion relevant to the thread. We don't want to have a policy of strong moderation and a stifling atmosphere. Weather should be fun. It's why we're all here -- to learn, to discuss a hobby that we're all passionate about, and to have fun. But while we do that, let's try to keep on topic.

So, with that in mind, we have two other threads that are appropriate for off topic stuff. Think of the Whamby thread as a place to vent. It is NOT a place to be mean to other posters. Friendly CONSENSUAL picking is fine. But let's use some wisdom and restraint when it comes to putting someone else "in their place". Venting is fine. Being mean is not. Venting is complaining, bittercasting, griping, saying you're never ever going to get rain or snow again, or whatever you want to call it. Whamby thread.

The Banter thread is for other general discussion. Sports. Banter thread. Flowers. Banter thread. Bojangle's. Banter thread. I hate snow. Whamby thread. Models are stupid. Whamby thread. Warm nose. Whamby thread. Why the Phantom Menace sucked so bad. Banter thread. Why Star Trek II is the GOAT. Banter thread. Mad at another poster. PM. (short hop there). Hopefully, that makes sense and provides a good baseline for which to operate against this season.

While, we don't want to overmoderate, if we can't remember to use the threads properly, the following may occur:
  • Moving posts: Posts may get randomly moved with or without explanation. If you have questions, please PM the staff.
  • Editing posts: Entire or partial comments may be edited at the staff's discretion.
  • Deleting posts: Also at the staff's discretion, posts may be deleted, rather than moved. Again, questions? PM the staff.
  • Warning points/Timeout/Banning: Unfortunately, this is also an option. Hopefully, it's self-explanatory and doesn't need to be heard from again.
Summary

Please stay on-topic in the main threads, use the other threads for banter and complaints, and please treat each other with respect, all of which will help keep moderation to a minimum. This is the best weather discussion board for a reason. We have such a great community, and I hope we continue to grow. So, here's to a great and fun winter season!

Rain Cold

Last edited:
I deleted all of the extra posts on this thread I got it started on the wrong foot trying to be funny.

All attempts at humor aside the post above from Rain Cold is a must read heading into winter. Whether the results this winter are good or bad please keep the points above in mind when posting and reading.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks to this post, now I know that the Whamby thread is only for weather concerns.
Seems to be I was bantering in the wrong thread... ??‍♂️

Just to let you all know, the moderators may be a little heavy handed in the November thread or any potential winter storm threads while we try to establish and enforce the guidelines. We can issue warnings, but we also have the ability to lock users out of specific threads for an amount of time (hours, days, weeks, etc...). Those who continually post banter, complaints, wishcasting, memes, etc... in the relevant weather threads will be temporarily banned from the threads.

Thanks for all of the support and help in making this forum both fun and useful for all weather enthusiasts.

Back