• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Possible severe weather March 3-5

suprised there’s no mention about this but the HRRR fires up supercells tommorow, HRRR/RAP have solid supercell composite numbers, I see that as opportunity for a good photo 8B645567-CF42-4930-8873-04A8B0D9FE01.jpeg3A993BC2-1EEE-4D3B-A295-1159BA6ECAFD.png

Now that is impressive. Screaming supercells. Deep moisture and good 0-3km cape to boot.

Yeah, Streamwise vorticity central with that hodo, right over MBY, might just begin chasing tommorow instead of April/May if I have to.....

Yeah, Streamwise vorticity central with that hodo, right over MBY, might just begin chasing tommorow instead of April/May if I have to.....

Don’t get blown away, low lcls and the more I look at it, that may be the nastiest sounding so far this year. Now I know you know this but it’s worth saying.?

Oof. That is nasty. If it keeps up, the SPC is going to have to make some big-time changes for the severe weather outlook.

Yeah, that sounding is quite worse than the profiles we dealt with with our last outbreak

Now that's concerning. Considering our last outbreak was pretty significant by February standards. Not to mention we had days notice that we would have severe weather. We're not even in marginal category for tomorrow. I hope one of our local mets can at least mention this. Otherwise, a lot of people are going to be caught off guard.

Low top super cells in March no less gave me my closest encounter with a tornado....it missed the house by 200 yrds and I watched it eat a bunch of Forestry service buildings right at the firetower on Firetower Rd in Greenville....

Then there was this monster which is DAMN impressive given the "storm" it was attached too....

Last edited:
Not exactly the Southeast but could be indicative of some of the storms later tonight in Arkansas and Tennessee.

Beefy looking storm in Southern Illinois/Kentucky.5580D90F-7A58-4157-8CE7-28E0B74D56D2.png

Not that it can't change, but the fact that it was supposed to rain here today and now it's partly cloudy just screams possible forecast bust tomorrow, and not in a good way. If we don't have that main rain shield by the a.m., all bets all off. And with it being Super Tuesday tomorrow I feel like it's an omen of things to come. We've had some nasty outbreaks on election days.

RAP has backed off, still nasty soundings but not quite as impressive, looks like hrrr is slowing down the rain shield, which may put a damper on the severe threat

Back