• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Perry Williams

Storm5

Administrator
Reaction score
As many of you know one of our own members Perry Williams has been battling cancer for sometime now. He just recently got his wish to be closer to his sister and his family and was transported from Atlanta to Oregon a few weeks ago. Perry hasn't been able to post on his Facebook page very much due to the fact he has been heavily sedated with pain meds. His sister has been posting updates regularly. Here is her latest update from late last night

" Being the warrior that he is, Perry continues to battle the in between life and death. He is resting peacefully and other than ripping out his drainage tubes this morning (which he hated anyway), has remained pretty restful. He must have had it in his head that they were bothering him! I don't blame the poor guy. This afternoon I sat with him for hours and it was one of the best times I have had, sitting and watching him peacefully sleep in the beautiful warm Portland weather we had today. Perry would have loved the tornado and stormy weather in Tacoma, and miss that he would have called to warn me and ask if Maddie was safe. I miss you dear brother already more than you will ever know. Please keep Perry in your thoughts and prayers. "

Perry is know across weather boards for his love and knowledge of Tornadoes and his general passion for weather. Perry is loved by many but most importantly he is resting comfortably surrounded by family .

If you have any Perry stories from years past please post them in this thread

ca4730754ec278afbbfb6375c9239d2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a member of the same wx bb's as Perry going back to the Wright Weather bb days (early 2000's). When it comes to SE US severe weather history (especially tornadoes), he is hard to beat as regards his very detailed knowledge as well as desire to do whatever he could to warn folks about imminent danger. In addition, his knowledge of N GA winter storm history is quite impressive. This is from a combination of what he's experienced and what older family members experienced going at least back into the 1930's. I especially recall many posts of what his "granny" told him about her experiences going way back. Furthermore, his knowledge of other SE major wx events is strong, including the most devastating hurricanes.

He's always been very generous in sharing this info not just because it is interesting. More importantly, he's used past devastating wx events to warn us about the likelihood of future similar occurrences and has often emphasized not to take severe wx and tropical cyclones lightly due to this past devastation. There's no telling how many lives he may have saved due to this.

His style of posting has always been classy, polite, well organized, and easy to read. This includes responses to numerous inquiries. As a result, he has generally been one of the most respected bb members anywhere he has been a regular. In fact, he is one of only a relatively few posters who have inspired me to emulate them.

He has long been quite proud of his strong Christian faith. I'm confident that this is helping him to be at peace during this terminal illness. His faith as well as fighting spirit is so strong that he has never given up on a miracle cure. It is great that he made it to Oregon to be with his loving sister and family.

RIP my friend. He wasn't perfect nor are any of us, but he was a damn good man. He loved the weather like no other...when I first came into the weather community back in 2005, he was always eager to answer questions and give great analysis.

See what you can do to get us some Snow this way next winter friend! I heard Mother Nature loves meeting her fans! *Moment of Silence*.

Very sad to hear this. Perry will be missed by several in the weather community and contributed so much with his vast knowledge of GA weather. It's comforting to know he at least got to spend his final moments with his family in Oregon. You will be missed old friend!

Condolences to Perry's sister and the family. Though this is very sad, I agree that he's in a better place. May Perry rest in peace.

Personally did not know Perry and only been around long enough to have experienced his input on weather boards sporadically but with that said this is sad but as so many here have already mentioned, he's in a much better place and no longer suffering. It's very heartwarming to see that picture above and know that he got his wish for his last days, certainly appeared to be a man at peace with what life had dealt him. Prayers for his family.

Sad to hear about Perry. May he Rest In Peace.

Back