• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

Eh I guess it’s only November still but not badView attachment 95062
But man that H5 pattern is a thing of Beauty other then the AK trough View attachment 95063
Even still, there would just need to be some small changes in the set up, and western/central NC and the SC upstate could have a chance at significant snowfall. The first and most important piece is getting the cold air

Pretty classic pattern for cold rain Miller A cyclones given it’s only November, this a month later would be amazing View attachment 95064
If you want a chance at snow though this is the look you want also this is late November into early December … remember 2018 we had our early December storm .. it’s always possible

NAO - Perfect. Ridging out west - Much improved. And even showing a little STJ action. That's money in winter. In November, it at least puts us in the ballgame. Very nice to look at.
It certainly would be nice to see the STJ get a little active. In that set up. In both the LaNinas of ‘89-90 and 2000-01, the STJ started getting some activity late in November and continued much of December as well. Both of those years had winter storms in at least part of the Carolinas outside the mountains in the first few days of December. The other benefit of a more active STJ is that it can help to keep the SER pushed back a little bit as well

Alright I don’t think anyone can tell me there’s something wrong with this look in early December
I think it's too early in the season for Atlanta and south. Need this pattern to repeat in January. Is that likely, given the background state of La Nina? I don't know, but this is nice for some below normal temps around Thanksgiving.

Best chance is probably your typical north of 85. Obviously nothing is likely outside the mountains especially. But north of 85 you might could say there a small chance. So many moving peace’s the models will be changing nearly every run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's too early in the season for Atlanta and south. Need this pattern to repeat in January. Is that likely, given the background state of La Nina? I don't know, but this is nice for some below normal temps around Thanksgiving.
Yeah we probably cycle through something similar in Dec/Jan

Back