• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

You Coastal Plain Guys keep an eye on early next week. Not to far off getting lucky enough for a novelty event. need just a hair tick west tug of the trough. lot of NS energy coming down.

500hv.conus.png

500hv.conus.png

500hv.conus.png

Mack gets a dumping of snow.
View attachment 95578
Single digits in the plains, but 70s in NC. SMH
View attachment 95579
Good angle of cold too, it dumps down in the Rockies. Our worst cold in NC happens from vortexes over the Great Lakes ! Would imagine from that angle there would be considerable modification. Pushing 80 and then a good , but not too intense cold blast ? I’ll take it .

Been a dry month . Need to refill Buckhorn lake !
We need a lot of help tbh the 90 day anomalies are huge minus the US1 rainforest. If we can't get into a SER fire hose or get a -nao/-pna repetitive rain event pattern drought probably persists through summer 22. I'm close to starting a drought thread so that should tell you where I'm at with how this progresses hrap-all-raleigh-90day_anom-7496000.png

We need a lot of help tbh the 90 day anomalies are huge minus the US1 rainforest. If we can't get into a SER fire hose or get a -nao/-pna repetitive rain event pattern drought probably persists through summer 22. I'm close to starting a drought thread so that should tell you where I'm at with how this progresses View attachment 95587
That’s interesting because the areas with greatest 90 day deficits were having record rainfall earlier in the year and I’m pretty sure a lot of them exceeded their annual average sometime June/ July. Of course that’s not how drought works obviously with rainfall having to be spread out to avoid it but still interesting. Also lol apex has the biggest surplus in wake county.

That’s interesting because the areas with greatest 90 day deficits were having record rainfall earlier in the year and I’m pretty sure a lot of them exceeded their annual average sometime June/ July. Of course that’s not how drought works obviously with rainfall having to be spread out to avoid it but still interesting. Also lol apex has the biggest surplus in wake county.
Yeah it's crazy how they went from super positive to negative and will likely end the year not that far from normal but be in drought conditions.

Back