• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Novemburrr

Same comment applies but go off ?

No, not at all actually. A day 11-15 ensemble mean that agrees w/ the other 2 major ensemble means (see earlier comment in this thread) has a lot more weight than the operational GFS you thought Judah was talking about. If the GFS Ensemble was showing a cold/snowy pattern you probably would be singing a much different tune.

A lot of the pieces are definitely (still) generally there for cold air damming after Thanksgiving, the cut-off upper low near Baja California I've been watching closely for my own forecasts out here has been varying wildly from run-to-run in the models.

1637841600-PM0lotlL1DE.png

Need that little trough out in the Pacific to move east of HI. Blocking looks good. Looks like nice fall weather for the east. That will be pleasant.

Also, as long as the pattern isn't complete trash, there's no need to worry about it taking weeks to get cold in the SE. If things reshuffle correctly, it will get cold in a matter of days. It's really not all that far away.

Lastly, a winter storm in early December is quite unlikely. It would be nice, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. A few tweaks out in the Pacific, come mid/late December, we could be looking at a true, legitimate opportunity.

Back