• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe New Years Severe Weather Event

Thing to note. Models have underdone moisture by a lot so far today. Cape is almost pushing 1500 for a good chunk of central Alabama already. And has 1000 for the whole northern part of the state. Way ahead of schedule and not forecasted

Thing to note. Models have underdone moisture by a lot so far today. Cape is almost pushing 1500 for a good chunk of central Alabama already. And has 1000 for the whole northern part of the state. Way ahead of schedule and not forecasted
3km Ehi is already around 3-4 range in west Alabama. Not good at all.

Bro. My power has gone out twice from strong wind gusts. That southerly wind is pretty strong

Really considering driving out to the old radio station in Homewood and getting a good view at supercells moving through the northwest side of Birmingham. But not enough confidence in there actually being any for me to drive out that way

SIG tornado forecasts have been rising each run it seems for north Alabama. And I'm afraid it's underdone. Do to the bias of less moisture from models. Very sticky situation later. Literally.

Really considering driving out to the old radio station in Homewood and getting a good view at supercells moving through the northwest side of Birmingham. But not enough confidence in there actually being any for me to drive out that way
You need to buy a drone. Fly it up about 400 ft for a outstanding view.

Back