• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry New Years Eve Light Wintry Mix The Anti ARCC/Xtreme Weather System

I think I have a possible answer to the snow. The wind are going west to east, and it appears the mountains are providing lift to the moisture, causing flurries to form on the other side. It's just a possible amswer, so it may not be close to right.

This just looks weird.
ezgif-4-45939c67f5.gif

This does not happen often but the rivers/larger lakes created some "river effect snow" today. The Tennessee river in Alabama, Seneca River in South Carolina, Big Sandy River in Tennessee, Mighty Mississippi River and Lake Lanier in Georgia appears to have contributed to this in correlation with strong arctic CAA moving into the area overnight and this morning. I captured below visible from the RAP satellite image and highlighted some of the band's. Thought I would pass along pretty neat. (Side note that snow band from Big Sandy River to me pretty cool extended over 160nm)

AF59_AC09-58_D7-489_A-8280-_B5095842_A781.jpg

Back