• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Microwave March

I dunno, the CMC looks different to me from the GFS from 90. The initial disturbance looks weaker and instead of going ESE it goes south for a while before going east. There may be snow in the top edge of it.

As has been seen with this winter, we still have a ways to go before knowing but if I wanted to be lazy and not have to go to Kentucky, I might try NW NC if I wanted to chase....but then again I'm much closer to NC than accu is (WNC may not even be 4 hours away...).

I haven't looked at this hard but if the features causing this system that I've seen talked about are as modeled or aren't much weaker, while I bet this ends up trending a bit north (which is why the upper south needs to be rooting for this to continue going south for at least until Thursday), I don't think there's a huge swing. Then again all of the models have been bad this year.

Well about time for the Euro to play role reversal and head back north.... seems how it's played out before. But I say this time is different I can feel it

While most models continue to trend south it's worth re-iterating this point here.... Even though it's not necessarily a reliable model in its own right, the CMC is providing a realistic depiction of what would happen if the background flow continues to steepen... It's uncertain if this would actually have a negative impact wrt wintry weather for portions of the Carolinas (esp over the piedmont and mountains), but the mid-Atlantic and southeastern New England are very much in play if this trend persists and the likelihood of at least a modest northward turn near/just offshore the Carolinas and Delmarva is actually increasing...

The CMC is actually pretty good for TN/NC, it's just different. Has the low stalling for some reason and then it phases with a different shortwave later and becomes a bomb. It's snow/wintry to rain if that were the ground truth.

Of course the cmc is way late and takes a Miller A up the east coast and destroys the Ne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need this storm to keep diving, Southerners wanting to cash in on those have about till Friday Morning to see how far south this goes to get a truly good idea just how far South and if places like AL,GA, and SC will get in the game

Need this storm to keep diving, Southerners wanting to cash in on those have about till Friday Morning to see how far south this goes to get a truly good idea just how far South and if places like AL,GA, and SC will get in the game
Chances are low for us Georgia and bamers. Buy I wouldn't completely count us out. Models are still trending colder for our areas

We still have a long way to go, but if I were in KY/TN/NC this is the kind of snowstorm/winter storm that is my favorite if it were to work out. The cold isn't that bad and it's wet snow. It makes for great scenery and is the best kind of snow to play with.

UKMET tracks a weak surface low across the deep south, and shoves it into the NE GOM where it begins to intensify as it passes over northern FL. Definitely a legitimate risk for this to round the corner and veer N near of just off the SE US coast.
GZ_D5_PN_144_0000.gif

Back