• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May 21-23, North AL

JTR

Reaction score
OK boys, I know a long range forecast usually isn't worth the paper it is printed on, but I need whatever you can give me. I am the facilities/operations manager for a school system in the northern third of AL. It has just been decided that we will have our HS graduations in outdoor football stadiums on May 21. All guidelines from the AL Dept of Public Health will be followed with regards to social distancing. It will be odd to say the least.

Based on what you know about model interpretation, do you have a hunch on rain chances? If it rains on May 21, we will reschedule for the 22nd, and even push to the 23rd if necessary. All ceremonies will be 6 PM or later.

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!

Dry and hot ? is favored based on what I see. Surprised they prefer after 6pm and not 8am. Mine was in the morning years ago and was still plenty hot with less thunderstorm chance.

Dry and hot ? is favored based on what I see. Surprised they prefer after 6pm and not 8am. Mine was in the morning years ago and was still plenty hot with less thunderstorm chance.
Doing it later in the day so folks that work can be there without having to take off. Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:
Back