• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 18-19th Possible Severe Wx Outbreak

When we got all that sunshine earlier I think we actually mixed out some of the really moist air in the boundary layer with the drier air aloft, dews crashed into the upper 50s-near 60, pretty meh for storms around here in general and why they’ve been struggling esp to the south away from the meso low. One thing I certainly didn’t consider until recently

When we got all that sunshine earlier I think we actually mixed out some of the really moist air in the boundary layer with the drier air aloft, dews crashed into the upper 50s-near 60, pretty meh for storms around here in general and why they’ve been struggling esp to the south away from the meso low. One thing I certainly didn’t consider until recently
Indeed Screenshot_20210318-201637_Tempest.jpg

In places like Charlotte, Greensboro, the upstate and VA border where relative humidity, synoptic scale forcing for ascent was better and there was stronger backing of the low level winds near the mesolow and cad wedge, storms were able to fire more easily and rotate. Actually am surprised by the dearth of activity thus far in southern NC, certainly wouldn’t have expected that yesterday or the day prior

Here's two cool features with RadarOmega that shows the path of the stronger storms today. The first one is the MRMS hail product with storm reports transposed. The second is the 24 hour rotation product with wind/tornado reports from the SPC transposed. There will probably be additional reports that filter in the next 1-2 days, but pretty cool to see the path of the stronger storms and where the most rotation and hail producers were.

Hail 24 Hrs.png
Rotation 24 Hrs.png

Had some severe thunderstorm warnings earlier in SW VA. still some heavy rain and some thunder pushing through. Surprised that we had more activity then some areas that were supposed to get hit hard today.

Ahhhh the rip hurts just as bad in severe as it does with snow .. with severe it’s just more frequent .. embarrassing how much nothing happened .. idc what anyone says if there’s crapvection and u don’t get full sunshine for a couple hours or so ur not going to get anything more than isolated severe storms

Ahhhh the rip hurts just as bad in severe as it does with snow .. with severe it’s just more frequent .. embarrassing how much nothing happened .. idc what anyone says if there’s crapvection and u don’t get full sunshine for a couple hours or so ur not going to get anything more than isolated severe storms
get your storms up man, and you to @Lickwx
Starting off the year winning already vs wake county, as it should be !!!! DFA45C07-860D-4F38-8743-BFD1D1B1E92B.jpeg25EE8F9C-6A3E-46D4-93ED-6C15A5D4E771.jpeg

Back