• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe March 13-15 Central Upper South Severe Threat

Sounding from Eastern central NC tommorow, nothing crazy but there is steep low level lapse rates and a little inverted V and a little mid level drying, storms will probably have some gusty/damaging winds and small hail with this look79E561DA-CA1A-465F-96C9-445601A3FAF8.png

Sounding from Eastern central NC tommorow, nothing crazy but there is steep low level lapse rates and a little inverted V and a little mid level drying, storms will probably have some gusty/damaging winds and small hail with this lookView attachment 17800
HRRR is pretty excited about getting storms around here today. Nothing else is

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Soothing rain to fall asleep to, at the end of a long weather day. Hope we can manage a couple rumbles of thunder before I go knockout. Prayers for all affected by the storms today!

We did have a severe thunderstorm warning from one of the remnant cells out of AL around 1:30pm this morning, although there seemed to be more bark than bite.

Will be watching closely here in Wake county this afternoon. Hrrr has a cluster of semi-discreet cells moving up into some semi-unstable air.

Hrrr only has 500-800 ML cape across central NC (a few dots of 1000). That is the limiting factor right now. If we see that cape climb above that this afternoon then there will definitely be a legit chance of a very brief spin up or two.

Weird inverted V soundings aswell with some areas up to a 20 degree difference between the sfc dew point and the sfc temp, damaging winds seem somewhat likely especially with the storms that take on a linear storm mode, Hodos are more straight supporting linear convection aswell

Weird inverted V soundings aswell with some areas up to a 20 degree difference between the sfc dew point and the sfc temp, damaging winds seem somewhat likely especially with the storms that take on a linear storm mode, Hodos are more straight supporting linear convection aswell

This is also confirmed by HRRR. Storms will quickly become cluster/liner in fashion. Will be an interesting day. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a brief spin up this afternoon. Main threat today will be wind.

Sky has plenty of crud in it this morning but I can see blue across a large portion.

Sounding indicative of possible downburst (dry air entrainment)? Also slight curve to the hodo, nothing significant but possible quick spin up? Still trying to figure out these severe weather soundings...

sounding.png

Well looks like the tornado was down when it came close to my house. A half a mile down the road and trees are down and tin has been ripped off barns. The very defined track continues to the SW with 511 coming into Goodwater still closed due to trees and power lines. One of the firefighters in a Goodwater said he hasn't seen any house damage in Goodwater, but heard there was some close to Stewartville. Based on what I saw probably EF0, but it was weakening on radar as it passed my place.

Back