• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Grace

A tropical wave located over the eastern tropical Atlantic several
hundred miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands continues to
produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental
conditions are expected to become gradually more conducive for
development of this system, and a tropical depression could form by
early next week while moving generally westward across the tropical
Atlantic near 20 mph. This system could reach portions of the
Leeward Islands by late Saturday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
Now 30/50.

Last edited:

It is amazing how much rainfall the SE has already received from tropical systems. In addition to Fred, 95L may also be coming. No drought or heatwave to worry about this summer (outside of Shetley and Grumpy). Just high heat indices, which I'll take over the alternative. The bigger worries by far are flooding potential and mosquitos.

It is amazing how much rainfall the SE has already received from tropical systems. In addition to Fred, 95L may also be coming. No drought or heatwave to worry about this summer (outside of Shetley and Grumpy). Just high heat indices, which I'll take over the alternative. The bigger worries by far are flooding potential and mosquitos.
The other worry may be the possibility of widespread tree damage and power outages across parts of the southeast. If Fred were to dump some of the rainfall totals that models are putting out there and is then followed by a stronger storm a few days later, you could have widespread 25-30mph or higher in areas that have very saturated grounds.

Now 30/60.
A tropical wave located over the central tropical Atlantic about
1600 miles east of the Lesser Antilles continues to produce
disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions
are expected to gradually become more conducive for development,
and a tropical depression could form by early next week while the
system moves generally westward at about 20 mph across the tropical
Atlantic. This system could reach portions of the Leeward Islands
by late Saturday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.

I'm not sure how good the ICON is with TCs but it has this:
icon-mslp-pcpn-watl-60.png

I'm not sure how good the ICON is with TCs but it has this:
icon-mslp-pcpn-watl-60.png
Icon has been sounding the alarms for a while now on this feature behind Fred (also it picked out Fred first I believe) it always kept Fred for the most part at bay… but it wants to really make this next storm something that makes the eyebrows go up THATS for sure .. nice little high pressure directly above it .. it’s certainly not receiving with that look.

Back