• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

Could we not title these threads with the initial model name and Hour that showed the storm 1st at least some where in the name? Be cool to be able to reference the true credibility of the individual models for referencing in the future. Just curious.. there may be a better way. Everyone talks about how specific models handle certain events better than others, be nice to be able to lay it out and track the outcome.

Lol no surprise the gfs continues to back off it’s stupid cold runs . Still cold but no more single digits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spann:
Still seeing some signals concerning some wintry precipitation across parts of the Deep South Sunday/Sun night. The GFS has trended toward the drier European model; if we do see any snow over the northern half of Alabama it would most likely be light. Of course, this could change
The question is. What does he mean by light ? Is light a couple of inches or is light nothing ?

How about showing some love for the Gulf South States in trying to get some frozen precip???

Wouldn't it be something special to have a little snow twice in one winter? Certainly not holding my breath here, but would be awesome to have a few flakes again. Enjoyed taking a walk while snow was falling a few short weeks ago, sure would be fun to do it again.

Based on 12z CMC / Goofy runs, this could be trouble for folks in Atlanta on NYE & NYD, not to mention the Peach Bowl festivities downtown.

12z gefs through Wednesday
d28d72af33cb8dd1a207b89e6ba92584.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back