• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

That's close to the type of look @pcbjr needs! Have to believe that this is overdone and that the reality will end up being that there is a storm or precipitation event somewhere. But like you said, analyzing D10 is essentially worthless. Cool to see, though.
Sorry, but I don't know what look I'd like ... LOL ... can you point me to the map or model (or the post itself)?
Thanks!

Here's the EPS meteogram for Greensboro which highlights the 26th-28th period that @1300 has been talking about. Looks to be over 30 ensemble members with some type of winter weather during that time frame.
View attachment 11770
Wow that’s really good. @packfan98 can you happen to pull that for Columbia SC for me. I’m really anxious about the Midlands.

Truth is how do you even prepare for zero degrees. Never seen that before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, but I don't know what look I'd like ... LOL ... can you point me to the map or model (or the post itself)?
Thanks!
ecmwf_z500a_namer_11.png

ecmwf_T850_namer_11.png

I experienced 13 last January. Any exposed skin turned numb and painful. I had to dress like an Arctic explorer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Coldest temp I've ever experienced is probably about 14 degrees.... man 0 would be something
I was staying on top of Sugar Mountain one year and it was about -5 with a wind chill in the -20’s. We were spitting on the sliding glass door and it was freezing on contact. Good times

Well, 8 is the record low for Baton Rouge airport, so I wouldn't be surprised if North Florida had similar numbers. Teens are somewhat rare here. At least below 18.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I have lived most of my life in Western GA west of Atlanta and I would say our coldest temp in an average winter was around 14.

Actually had time to go over some weather modeling today, caught up on the last week and 1 /2 of runs and I will venture to say, everyone is about to start seeing some very wild solutions. Yes, Wintry solutions. I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing some "historic" type stuff showing up..

Please don't model chase though. They're going to be back and forth in the atmospheric chaos that the modeling is alluding to. I'd use the ensembles for the overall pattern recognition/temperature (PV stuff) and use the operational runs for 500mb energy and ideas at this point.

The higher resolution operational runs are going to pickup on pieces of energy the lower resolution ensembles will just plain miss out on for their forecast. There's a lot of volatility about to float around and small changes to angles, strength, and speed will greatly affect the way these systems track and develop.

Back