• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

ISO Your opinions of best cross-platform security suites

SASQUATCH

Meme Guru
2024 Supporter
2017-2023 Supporter
Reaction score
Every search turns up Norton and Bitdefender at the top. I currently have Kaspersky but I'm not renewing next month because of, you know, the whole Russian/Ukraine thing. Just looking for intel and/or experiences you've had. I tried Trend Micro a few years ago but was not impressed and it was a booger to cancel. Thanks

My household is 99% Wireless based and we do a lot of banking/investment from there, not to mention total streaming interface

That doesn't change my recommendation one bit. Honestly these days it's mostly just paying attention to the websites you visit and the emails you receive. If it looks remotely fishy, don't do it.

And before you call me some random guy, I've been working in IT my entire life and have managed many an enterprise infrastructure and seen too many overpriced, under delivering A/V products.

I am with CamWX. Windows Security is all I have use since Widows 10 released. I also use Firefox with 2 ad-blockers extensions. AdBlock Plus and uBlock Origin (both free). Never have adds or pop-up. A Lot of viruses and malware come thru the web browser Pop-up. I use 2 computers I built my self, one is running Windows 11 and the other is still running Windows 10. I also Have a Windows 10 Laptop with the same browser and extensions.

I keep them all up dated as soon as there are new up dates available. Unless you are hitting some real sketchy web pages or open a lot of unknown Email Attachments that's all you should need.

Also as a side note I have owned a PC since 1984 and have a Computer Science Degree. Just my 2 cents, probably worth less...

I may stick with built in Defender and add one more layer of protection via Avast Free on my Windows OS. May add avast to the macbook. Havent had to worry about this for a few years since having kaspersky sub for last 4 years.

Back