• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Is summer over in the SE?

The only time I recall summer effectively ending by mid August is 2009. That may not ever happen again.
One thing is for sure. It usually cools off after Mid August, even if it's just a couple degrees. Late August heat is almost never as oppressive as July and early August heat.

I would completely agree with this. The rain that night was haunting.
I was working that night and I started to sense something wasn't right. I had never heard it rain that hard for so long. I was in Villa Rica. Then when I got off work late at night, I encountered roads that were covered in water.

I was working that night and I started to sense something wasn't right. I had never heard it rain that hard for so long. I was in Villa Rica. Then when I got off work late at night, I encountered roads that were covered in water.

I was just north of you in Dallas, and I remember the way my neighborhood was set up how all the water from the cul-de-sac above me would flow into my yard and down the side of my house... This time it was a river 20 feet wide and 6 inches deep, my entire cul-de-sac was a river flowing down to a creek that was above the road. The craziest thing I saw was a mud line along the trees 10-15 feet above the ground that went for miles along US 278 close to sweetwater creek where it dumped into a natural ponding area.

Back