• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Nate

Hey All!
Really sorry for you folks that have any sort of storm issues. Been quietly watching and hoping for the best. Hopefully no damage for anyone that can't be cleaned up in a couple of hours.
Let's get rid of this TC season, and quit wishing for more, and move on to more fun times (though I can't find a map anywhere that is fun for the next 15 days ... :()
Now - back to work ... :cool:
Best,
Phil

Cowpens next in line! Take cover

Reports of houses leveled in the Norris SC area!

2.3 of rain here in Jonesville and a very scary time as a tornado got close. Actually 2 of them within 10 miles of me today.

What strange effects here from this storm. The first 12 hours or so gave me a quarter inch of rain. Couldn't believe it could rain so much and leave so little, lol. The last 12 hours gave me 4 inches so far, and set up a train, after the storm pulled north, and it's still just pouring here. So when the storm was near...nothing much. When the storm was gone...pouring rain. I guess it's pretty typical for crazy land...at least the drought is temporarily on hold. Last hurricane...5 1/4 inches...drought in between...next hurricane 4 1/4 so far. I'd rather have a cold front with a gulf tap :) T

What strange effects here from this storm. The first 12 hours or so gave me a quarter inch of rain. Couldn't believe it could rain so much and leave so little, lol. The last 12 hours gave me 4 inches so far, and set up a train, after the storm pulled north, and it's still just pouring here. So when the storm was near...nothing much. When the storm was gone...pouring rain. I guess it's pretty typical for crazy land...at least the drought is temporarily on hold. Last hurricane...5 1/4 inches...drought in between...next hurricane 4 1/4 so far. I'd rather have a cold front with a gulf tap :) T
Im sure any rain now is not associated with Nate since its so far away.

Au contraire mon ami, it's got a huge tap into the gulf, and it's training right over me. I've picked up another inch at least in just the last hour or so. T
So you mean to tell me, you are getting more rain from Nate when its in the northeast than you did when it moved through Bama ?

Back