• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Leslie

Yeah hurricane force winds, but loses it's "tropical" status I guess. More than likely once it rebuilds after that strange 180 degree turn towards the US they'll re-issue advisories

Anyone notice how the models keep getting Leslie further and further west? Not going to have impacts I'm sure but even the Euro which just a little over 24hrs ago was heading it straight to Europe has shifted to a few hundred miles E/NE of Bermuda and then here's the crazy ICON from today....
icon_mslp_wind_atl_61.png

Anyone notice how the models keep getting Leslie further and further west? Not going to have impacts I'm sure but even the Euro which just a little over 24hrs ago was heading it straight to Europe has shifted to a few hundred miles E/NE of Bermuda and then here's the crazy ICON from today....
icon_mslp_wind_atl_61.png

I don’t see direct impact from Leslie but I bet where she tracks will have a significant impact on the SER’s position/duration.

I asked about this very thing over in the October thread...

I’m thinking that because Leslie is forecasted to be a large storm and though even a large TC is steered by ridges and troughs much more than the other way around, I think they independently may be able to influence the ridges and troughs around them to some extent if large and strong enough.

The 12Z Euro actually threatens Bermuda with Leslie and directly affects them with the weaker left side as it passes only 200 or so miles ENE of them on 10/5 as she recurves and then moves N fwiw.

And now for something even crazier, 1 of the 51 12Z EPS Leslie members skirts NC 10/7 and then goes up Cheasapeake Bay as a H 10/8!! A different member hits Cape Cod and Maine 10/7! Huge outliers.

And now for something even crazier, 1 of the 51 12Z EPS Leslie members skirts NC 10/7 and then goes up Cheasapeake Bay as a H 10/8!! A different member hits Cape Cod and Maine 10/7! Huge outliers.
Huge outliers no doubt but also appears to be more members making to or west of 60W..... just something to keep one eye on to make sure no tropical shenanigans, I mean it's been a crazy year already.

eps_cyclones_atlantic_264_2018092612.png

3 out out of 4 models have Leslie recover the same ground and head backwards on their runs. The FV3 goes nuts and takes her near Africa, and moving a tad westward at the end of the run for a possible loop of the Atlantic. What a sight that would be.
fv3p_z850_vort_atl_65.png

Back