• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

I’d like to know the thoughts from all those who said she was dead? Did you expect a Cat 2-3 to reemerge? It’s been forecasted pretty decently and was never gonna be anymore than a rain event up here.
A lot of modeling kept her rain banding potent and extreme for a lot of people. Luckily that didn't happen long term. I expect people to get more rain though.

A lot of modeling kept her rain banding potent and extreme for a lot of people. Luckily that didn't happen long term. I expect people to get more rain though.
Onshore flow started in Ernest Sunday evening here at the coast and since that influence started I'm at 7 inches. Really the majority of that fell in 2 sets of bands with lots of down time and drizzle in between

The heavier banding is apparent on multiple models. We shall see. I can see it trying to get it's act together currently.icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_11.png

I guess the coast could be 6-8" but further inland I am not so sure. RDU got 2-3" in a day a couple of weeks ago...not sure we eclipse that.

View attachment 149619
Yeah I think the heaviest rainfall potential for areas away from the coast has shifted to the western Piedmont. A lot of the modeling overnight has centered some of the heaviest totals, 6-8”+ over the CLT metro east of I-77.

The heavier banding is apparent on multiple models. We shall see. I can see it trying to get it's act together currently.View attachment 149621
Yeah I mentioned last night that the models have been very consistent with that big,bright band to the north and west of the COC. If they’re right, the areas that band pivots through are going to pile up the numbers fast

Yeah I mentioned last night that the models have been very consistent with that big,bright band to the north and west of the COC. If they’re right, the areas that band pivots through are going to pile up the numbers fast
Luckily it doesn't get stuck. It starts really cranking down between 2-5PM on the coast, so we don't have to wait long to see if there is truth to it.

As the Debby center moved to the SE offshore finally putting us on the backside, steady mainly moderate rains resumed about 1.5 hours ago after little rain since late last night. I had been at ~8.5” for the storm before this. We’ll see how much gets added from this and more to come tonight.

Further to the above’s 8.5”, I’ve gotten an additional 1.8” since ~6PM yesterday for an updated total so far of ~10.3”, easily the largest amount from a single event since Matthew of early Oct of 2016.
There’s still on and off light rain falling and it’s breezy here on the backside.

Back