• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

Just looking at the current satellite. Could it be possible that a new center forms closer to the gulf stream. I swear that's what it looks like to me.
I would watch any area of thunderstorms that start to flare up for the center to relocate.

The ICON and Euro came about 30-40 miles west again at 18z and the Euro slowed it down a little. I know this is not right, but the Euro had gusts to around 60mph in a couple of areas north of the Charlotte metro. I'd expect 40-45 is what actually happens though.
Not trying to downplay the storm or NHC…but there was no sustained 40mph with Debby today. I drove down to Richmond Hill as it headed N/E off the coast line in Chatham. Even when it was a hurricane and in the squalls you really need elevation or be in the clouds to get a lot of wind. It did mix down at times but left a lot to be desired. This is a flooding event for sure not wind.

The ICON and Euro came about 30-40 miles west again at 18z and the Euro slowed it down a little. I know this is not right, but the Euro had gusts to around 60mph in a couple of areas north of the Charlotte metro. I'd expect 40-45 is what actually happens though.
Even 40-45mph gusts could be problematic with the saturated ground. Back during Florence, I had a peak gust of 52mph but that occurred before the heavy rains moved in. That gust actually uprooted a tree across the street from me that took out a transformer and knocked out power in my neighborhood for a couple days.

Even 40-45mph gusts could be problematic with the saturated ground. Back during Florence, I had a peak gust of 52mph but that occurred before the heavy rains moved in. That gust actually uprooted a tree across the street from me that took out a transformer and knocked out power in my neighborhood for a couple days.
Brad Panovich has been hitting this in his posts on Facebook and if the winds do come after 4-6 inches of rain have fell, they would be trouble.

around 2.2 inches of rain so far, with a lull incoming.

Where are these 30 inch totals at the coast at boys? Is that supposed to happen later? Is the media lying to me again?
The storm is supposed to come back inland over SC tomorrow night into Thursday. The rain will pile up then. Not sure anyone makes 30 inches of rain though.

Reactions: SD
around 2.2 inches of rain so far, with a lull incoming.

Where are these 30 inch totals at the coast at boys? Is that supposed to happen later? Is the media lying to me again?
It seems when there are extreme events that don't happen too often, whether it be hurricanes or snow in the south, the models often overdo totals.

Ed and some of the coastal Mets folded at 10pm on their Facebook posts. He even said he is changing his forecast away from the WPC/nhc. Brad P posted a similar dry air has nearly killed Debby and losing tropical characteristics

Hooooooo boy that was a clap of thunder with this latest band. Doesn't look very impressive on radar.

I just looked at tropical tidbits after not following all day. Is this really going to push up into upstate sc now or is that a blip?

Back