• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

I was looking at the model runs and the ICON has Debby as a 964mb hurricane off of Myrtle Beach before making landfall again. That would be a Cat 3 hurricane if that were to verify. Let's hope its out in left field with its estimate of storm strength.
Well, we know how these have blown up quickly the past few years.

I was looking at the model runs and the ICON has Debby as a 964mb hurricane off of Myrtle Beach before making landfall again. That would be a Cat 3 hurricane if that were to verify. Let's hope it’s out in left field with its estimate of storm strength.
I mentioned earlier that while 964mb seems extreme, I think 980-985mb is very possible depending on how much time it has over water and how well it’s still structured when emerging into water. That would likely be a high end cat 1, and with it hitting while still strengthening and at a right angle to the coast, it would still bring in a significant storm surge to the north of the center, depending on low or high tide. I was at Oak Island during Isaias in 2020 and saw that first hand.

Wobbled east again. The eastern part of the circulation is now entering the Atlantic. At this rate it could just form a new center and throw all the models off with Atlantic development.IMG_3334.jpeg

It does not take much imagination to figure out how bad that ICON scenario would be with widespread flooding already occurring.

Anyway, not seeing as much rotation with storms out in the Atlantic as I expected. Hopefully that trend continues.

It does not take much imagination to figure out how bad that ICON scenario would be with widespread flooding already occurring.

Anyway, not seeing as much rotation with storms out in the Atlantic as I expected. Hopefully that trend continues.
3km NAM certainly advertising the potential for some rotating cells. No doubt will be a threat.
uh03_max.us_ma.png

Back