• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

6z AI euro stayed consistent with its track. I keep bringing it up because the track is actually a solid compromise between the gfs and the other models and it hasn't wavered since Saturday now the 12z UK has jumped into a similar track. Obviously a model can be consistently wrong but it's worth watching

Wow the models were way off in Georgia unless the precip builds back westward. I don't think Albany has had much of anything and they were forecast to get 3-4". Almost all the precip is east of I-75.

I wonder why the WPC and the local NWS vary so much? The WPC must be taking an average which includes the GFS which is likely wrong. Like I said yesterday a line from Greenwood to Union to Gastonia and east get big rain. Less than an inch west of there.
View attachment 149489
I don’t think the WPC is taking the GFS to account in their forecast… I read their discussion earlier and it pretty much discounted it. I’m not sure I can recall seeing that much of disparity between the WPC and GSP’s maps.

12z euro is close to the 0z center at 90 hrs is along the nc/sc border between Marlboro and Scotland county

SC landfall was around garden city beach, murrels inlet

Total precip through 102 below. It flips to a LOT precip signature once inland so the heaviest rain is the US1 corridor from CAE to around sanford and west
qpf_acc-imp.us_ma (15).png

This thing keeps moving short term at this rate,its gonna get back out over water a lot sooner than originally thought. So to me thats the question when an exactly where it hits the stall. Netting 8 miles an hour, so thats 172 miles in 24 hours, which will get it back over water tonight

This thing keeps moving short term at this rate,its gonna get back out over water a lot sooner than originally thought. So to me thats the question when an exactly where it hits the stall. Netting 8 miles an hour, so thats 172 miles in 24 hours, which will get it back over water tonight

Yeah it's hard to tell but seems like a lot of east component to it since landfall, official NHC track brings it back out over the Atlantic around the SC/GA border in roughly 24 hrs. It's definitely on the southern edge of the cone from last night.

The center is only 90ish miles from Jacksonville..and should be back over water around the FL/GA border sometime tonight if it kept this course.

Euro keeps showing 10m winds gusting as high well inland as they do at the beaches when it comes ashore again.

Back