• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

@Rain Cold @Webberweather53 @SD Does anybody know what the impacts is regarding wind in Harnett County? I have PTSD over Florence, and this is shaping up to be a Florence.
Minimal unless it spends appreciable time out in the Atlantic. As long as it doesn't restrengthen, it will probably just be a bit breezy.

@Rain Cold @Webberweather53 @SD Does anybody know what the impacts is regarding wind in Harnett County? I have PTSD over Florence, and this is shaping up to be a Florence.
accu35 gave some good advice. The local NWS offices usually issue storm briefings online and I expect that KRDU will be offering a briefing on Debby soon that will show possible impacts in more detail.

This should probably go without saying, but please refrain from comments like "We're dead now" in this thread. You can always make nonsensical and OT comments in the banter thread. That's why we have that. Thanks very much.
Where is the banter thread? I can't find it from the last time I visited.

Assuming the models that aren't the gfs are right it's going to be interesting to see how quickly the precip shield becomes left of track
Yep. I wouldn't be surprised to see the higher totals expanding into the western Piedmont, assuming the track is represented correctly.

Good thanks everyone for making my mind at ease.
Definitely agree with the wind threat being secondary to flooding, but don't let your guard down on that if you happen to be in a flood-prone location. The high end flooding potential (i.e. worst case scenario) could be severe. Not trying to scare anyone, just know your area!

Definitely agree with the wind threat being secondary to flooding, but don't let your guard down on that if you happen to be in a flood-prone location. The high end flooding potential (i.e. worst case scenario) could be severe. Not trying to scare anyone, just know your area!

The scary part is some of the river basins for the eastern rivers look to get 5-10" at least over pretty much the entire basin...that's fairly rare. I could see moderate or major flood stages for the Tar and Neuse and thier feeder creeks.

The scary part is some of the river basins for the eastern rivers look to get 5-10" at least over pretty much the entire basin...that's fairly rate. I could see moderate or major flood stages for the Tar and Neuse amd thier feeder creeks.

Right now I'd put the Pee Dee, Lumber and Cape Fear at the highest risk for sig flooding, a lot will depend on how much falls and where. Canadian would be about worst case scenario for the Cape Fear in that heaviest amounts are way upstream near the headwaters, add in 5-10' for the lower basin and that's a very large slug of water still needing to come downstream. You would probably need to go back to Florence and/or Matthew for the last time these rivers saw levels similar to what they are about to see in the coming weeks.

Back