• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Chris

Still not there yet! 70 mph @ 5 am advisory. Supposed to hit 90 mph by Wednesday.

Chris is still a strong tropical storm. Still expected to be a hurricane later today.

Not official, but Chris will be am 85 mph hurricane at 5 and has a pressure of 984 mb per recon. Also, winds in the SE eyewall are just below major hurricane strength at 973 mb. Just something to watch, but it may become a major hurricane.

Now officially a hurricane with winds of 85 mph and a pressure of 980. Each storm this year has been more intense than the last and also each storm that has been within hurricane season has been a hurricane.

Now officially a hurricane with winds of 85 mph and a pressure of 980. Each storm this year has been more intense than the last and also each storm that has been within hurricane season has been a hurricane.
Dadgum, FS, slow down ... LOL ... Can't keep the name changes in Wiki current at this pace ... :eek:

Dadgum, FS, slow down ... LOL ... Can't keep the name changes in Wiki current at this pace ... :eek:
I wish the storms would slow down too. Trying to figure out which model finds what storm first and which model beat the others is hard to keep up with. Except for images, I am up to date with that part from what I can see. No model won completely with Beryl though because none predicted such a swing. It's a bit easier this time since the GFS has had a strong hurricane for some time and the other major models have had some variation from strong cat 2 to weak cat 1.

I wish the storms would slow down too. Trying to figure out which model finds what storm first and which model beat the others is hard to keep up with. Except for images, I am up to date with that part from what I can see. No model won completely with Beryl though because none predicted such a swing. It's a bit easier this time since the GFS has had a strong hurricane for some time and the other major models have had some variation from strong cat 2 to weak cat 1.
Happy, very happy, to waste a perfectly good storm as a fish spinner ... let's hope they all follow suit this year ... ;)

Chris strengthened to a Category 2 Hurricane but now it is starting to weaken.

Back