• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Golf

Well, DJ ended up not winning though he tied for 2nd. DJ didn't have a bad round at all as he as -2. What happened is that Collin Morikawa, who I had never heard of before this tourney, had a sensational round. of -6. At two different times, there were 6 tied for the lead. So, it was pretty exciting.

Next major: US Open 9/17-20.

Masters 11/12-15: This could be the coldest Masters in a long time if the SER isn't strong then since average temps then are some 6 or so colder Nov 12-15 vs the traditional early April dates.

Morikawa is having an amazing season. He’s been in the hunt in every tourney almost since the restart.

Really great golf yesterday and the whole weekend. Bryson Dechambeau has been awesome to watch with his transformation.
Really miss the pressure the fans put on these young golfers. It helps them the most.

Well, DJ ended up not winning though he tied for 2nd. DJ didn't have a bad round at all as he as -2. What happened is that Collin Morikawa, who I had never heard of before this tourney, had a sensational round. of -6. At two different times, there were 6 tied for the lead. So, it was pretty exciting.

Next major: US Open 9/17-20.

Masters 11/12-15: This could be the coldest Masters in a long time if the SER isn't strong then since average temps then are some 6 or so colder Nov 12-15 vs the traditional early April dates.

I should have known better about the SER. It hung around long enough to allow for a high on today's 1st day of the Masters to reach 84, only one degree from the record!

As a result of early rains causing a late start, they didn't finish the round. One highlight for Tiger fans: he had an impressive bogey free round of -4, only 3 back of the leader, Paul Casey.

I should have known better about the SER. It hung around long enough to allow for a high on today's 1st day of the Masters to reach 84, only one degree from the record!

As a result of early rains causing a late start, they didn't finish the round. One highlight for Tiger fans: he had an impressive bogey free round of -4, only 3 back of the leader, Paul Casey.
Have you ever attended a masters in person or been fortunate enough to play a round over there?

Have you ever attended a masters in person or been fortunate enough to play a round over there?

Neither. I don't even play golf because I was an absolute disaster when I tried. The thought of me playing on that course...OMG LMAO!!
I just love watching it partially because I know how dang hard it is!!

DJ sets the new record at the Masters with -20, beating the old record of -18! Also, I thought I heard them say that he had the fewest bogies in any major tourney win with only 4. Finally, he tied the record low of -20 for any major. The softness of the course undoubtedly helped some, but still it was a fantastic win for the already #1 in the world and for the near hometown boy (he's from nearby in SC).

Last edited:
I’m enjoying The Players, one of my favorites every year. This is the first complete one in two years as last year’s was canceled after round one due to COVID. I’m rooting for our local favorite, Brian Harman, who is only 2 shots back, but there are several others at or near the top who I also like.

Justin Thomas wins after being way behind at the halfway point due to a a fantastic 3rd round (64) and a solid final round! Lee Westwood at age 47 was only one back. Another great tourney.

The Masters is getting closer!

Back