• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Mountain/Foothills Discussion and Observation Thread

Heading up to Beech today - anyone there with prelim reports?
How it looking up there? How are the roads? Mountain webcam looks like a pretty epic NW flow day

Last edited:
Snowing moderately here at about 2000ft above Pittman Center just north of Gatlinburg on Hwy 321. Really started piling up after dark. Roads caved and going on 2 inches on the deck! Solid win for me!

Beech is beautiful today — careful driving up. Took about an hour to get here from Banner Elk

Beech is beautiful today — careful driving up. Took about an hour to get here from Banner Elk
Just got back to Boone from Beech. Totally different world up there. Seems like there was at least 10” of blowing snow. Tried to do some sledding but it was too cold. We lasted 25 minutes and had to leave. True blizzard up there.

Here’s a pic of the Beech Mountain sledding hill. It was brutal up there.
You’re damn right it was. Last night being stuck on the chairlift for 5 minutes at the summit was easily one of the coldest moments of my life. That wind was unreal.

Heading up tomorrow with the family to do some sledding at this place!
Beech Mountain has a municipal owned sledding hill. Should be a lot calmer (less windy, warmer) than when I went. It's free but parking cost $3. Word of advice, pay the $3 (..pay online through your phone). If you don't, they have a person walking around and they'll charge you $25.

Beech Mountain has a municipal owned sledding hill. Should be a lot calmer (less windy, warmer) than when I went. It's free but parking cost $3. Word of advice, pay the $3 (..pay online through your phone). If you don't, they have a person walking around and they'll charge you $25.

Thanks! Web Link or code/qr at the parking lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back