• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 7-8 Winter storm

This event is only proving that ground temps are merely a mirage and has a very minute effect On accumulating snow .. in my experience almost every time I’ve heard “these ground temps aren’t going to cut it” the ground loses the battle and gets easily covered within the first hour

Mostly rain here for about the past 25 mins. I think we're probably done here. Oh well, it's fun to look at while it lasted. Congrats to everyone who is getting blasted and blanketed with snow.:);)

This event is only proving that ground temps are merely a mirage and has a very minute effect On accumulating snow .. in my experience almost every time I’ve heard “these ground temps aren’t going to cut it” the ground loses the battle and gets easily covered within the first hour

Ground temps are more an issue when snowfall rates are light and/or temps are above freezing. When snow comes down at a good clip it doesn't matter as much.

All hail the 3K NAM! We got an insane band for about 30 minutes. Everything got covered and probably ended up with half and inch. Probably could have gotten over an inch with this event if didn't have mixing issue, because I was under the heavier rates for most of the time. Looks like we are pretty much finished, but this was alot of fun! 2/8/2020 a fun surprise in a terrible winter. 2020 Winter > 2019 Winter

Back