• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 11-13 2021 Ice Potential

Amazing what happens with sustained N/NE winds. Past couple minor events that preceeded this event had a SE wind. Insitu. Thursday is gonna be another tree limb pruner. Same areas possibly get a harder punch than this one.

Yeah this sucks...amazing the amount of trees and damage in the area...still no power...I haven't been able to look at the models today but I want NO MORE ice..snow or bust here on out OR bring on spring

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
FYI. Thursday is a potential bigger ice deal. Hate to be a discourager and hate yall have no power. Been there and gets old fast. Know this isnt news you want to hear. Passing along. Duke power has brung in extra crews . Hopefully that helps speed up things

I saw an official report from Reidsville of 1” on the news this morning. It looked a little suspect.

Yeah I think that was diameter ice accrual and not radial which is why I didn't put the 1" on my map. I suspect they may have reported that instead of radial accum, thus 0.5" is probably what they meant to actually report. Many locals in that area I follow on social media have generally confirmed this w/ ZR nearing 0.5" in far NE Guilford & southeastern Rockingham Co

FYI. Thursday is a potential bigger ice deal. Hate to be a discourager and hate yall have no power. Been there and gets old fast. Know this isnt news you want to hear. Passing along. Duke power has brung in extra crews . Hopefully that helps speed up things

Got a crewS from sumter County, SC. I got power last night around 1am.

Yeah this sucks...amazing the amount of trees and damage in the area...still no power...I haven't been able to look at the models today but I want NO MORE ice..snow or bust here on out OR bring on spring

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Dropped my kids off at my dads. Hes by the airport and has power. Was driving on 150 from kville to Gso and the area west of Oak Ridge looks like that scene from Band Of Brothers with fighting in the woods of Foy.

Pines and Cedars snapped in half where ever you look.

Dropped my kids off at my dads. Hes by the airport and has power. Was driving on 150 from kville to Gso and the area west of Oak Ridge looks like that scene from Band Of Brothers with fighting in the woods of Foy.

Pines and Cedars snapped in half where ever you look.

Yeah the O.R. is a mess. Have multiple limbs (some huge) down in my yard. Mostly cedar and pecan. Power just came back about an hour ago. Sill have quite a bit of ice in the tops of the trees.

Back