• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Favorite Weather Event

Starburst link said:
[quote author=whatalife link=topic=24.msg1413#msg1413 date=1481508643]
I'll go w/February 12th 2010 7" of snow the day before my birthday.  I'll also go w/November 1st 2014 as a ULL dropped 4.5" of snow imby...The day before it was like 60° degrees outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny thing about that event.  Everyone was getting up and on their way to work, etc.  It started sticking to the roads, NOAA didn't even have a Winter Weather Advisory out!  I had to send like 4 reports to them from major roads just to get an advisory.

Such a freak event, but awesome!  I remember watching the modeling with it and even I thought, "eh, not too much to this".  I wake up with it pouring snow, probably harder than the night of Feb 12th.
[/quote]

Yep! I had been watching the models going back and forth as to where the deformation band might setup. I told my wife the night before I thought we might be in for a special treat in the morning. I woke around 5:30am that morning to see the rain changing over to snow. Looked out window 45 minutes later and we had a quarter of an inch to a half inch of snow on the ground. I woke my girls to let them play in the snow thinking it wasn't going to last to long. 4 hrs later it was still snowing...LOL!
d5e8672c37add9d7752c1e9c368ed0a7.jpg
4e7d647380d16d001d9cba164018723a.jpg

For me the February 16th 2015 Ice event was one of my favorite. A surprise ice storm that dropped 3/4an inch of at over my area. Worst ice storm since the 2001 storm.

whatalife link said:
I'll go w/February 12th 2010 7" of snow the day before my birthday.  I'll also go w/November 1st 2014 as a ULL dropped 4.5" of snow imby...The day before it was like 60° degrees outside.

ground temps !!!!! Lol , just goes to show how overplayed the whole " ground temp" thing can be

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Storm5 link said:
[quote author=whatalife link=topic=24.msg1413#msg1413 date=1481508643]

ground temps !!!!! Lol , just goes to show how overplayed the whole " ground temp" thing can be

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Yep. If it snows hard enough it doesn't matter about the ground temps.

Feb 2016
Best ice storm ever with thunderstorms. Solid snowpack underneath. Never saw rates that heavy and for water to just not runoff the roof or hear the wetness...it just pelted. Ditches were flooding with water running over ice/snow. Power was out and big booms of thunder with trees crashing in the woods.

I never got above 32 in the CAD. Was suppose to before the big line hit with lightning according to the NWS and others.

12791075_968117279909359_7172748834157711411_n.jpg

Probably the Carolina Crusher, 1/24-1/25/00.  Was my senior year in college so we fully enjoyed it.  Every place within walking distance of campus sold out of beer. Had somewhere around 16" on the ground

Should almost start a completely different post, and call it most heart breaking weather event lol, one that sticks out to me was around 97 or 98 can't remember exact dates or anything, but I remember Memphis news stations and my local station putting me in the 9-12" range for snow... was raining and like 36 degrees but was suppose to fall as precipitation got heavier. Went to bed at 10 when it was 35 degrees. Woke up at 5 am only 34 and heavy rain.... long story short it never made it below 33 with heavy rain all day. Couple more stories but that one sticks out cause mets were just 100% sure we were getting slammed. And all it had to do was fall 1 or 2 more degrees and it would have been a totally different story.

Back