• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Yeah HRRR looks busy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems like a good bet we have at least some storms around tomorrow. Just not sure how sfc based or widespread they will be but I wouldn't be surprised to have 1 or 2 riding any residual boundary across the state or fully in the warm sector.

Posting here to not take away from the bigger severe threat but we are going to have to watch the backdoor front and storm activity tomorrow across nc.
Also, per usual it seems, the 3k NAM is a little more aggressive with backdoor front.

nam3km_T2m_seus_25.png

Wilmington has had 10 days at 78 or higher, 3 of those at 80. May not be the last either , could possibly get 2 more 80 degree days . Raleigh has an outside chance at 80 Saturday , but upper 70s look likely.

This setup reminds me of that one back in March with that backdoor front, the one that I actually saw hail with lol, just a wintertime version
When I looked at the 18z hrrr my first thought was a few sups rolling across the state with hail and weak rotation def not a December look.

@Avalanche Wilmington hit 80 again. Today would have been another good day for you!
High of 80 °F
high for today, Low this Morning 65 °F
Excellent #Beach Weather..
Catching Sea mullets outta the Surf Today..
I actually got Alil "Sunburn".. :cool:
Light Breeze on the beach, 1~2ft waves & light winds..

Attachments

• mullets.jpg
    mullets.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 14
After the clouds cleared out around 1pm, we did cool down today and made it to a high of *ONLY* 74°F at DFW (18 degrees above average).

The final monthly Decembers numbers for DFW are going to be some real clown ----, with nothing remotely comparable. Not even Satan himself could have conjured up this one

Well, that’s one way to put it. I had a laugh out loud moment thinking about a tv meteorologist leading off the weather segment with your quote.
All I know is we’ve got windows open in every room and the house is stuffy. I’m very close to breaking down and flipping the AC… I just can’t stand the thought of running it during the night in winter

All I know is we’ve got windows open in every room and the house is stuffy. I’m very close to breaking down and flipping the AC… I just can’t stand the thought of running it during the night in winter
We've been running it a lot past week, espeacilly with all the cooking/stove always on. Pavement never got 100% wet today. Couple times earlier this week it would from the warm air over the cooler ground. But the few passing sprinkles today just hammered home what's in store for us come spring/ summer. Drought will be in overdrive by then, water restrictions etc every news cycle.
I was digging holes 12 inches deep transplanting trees yesterday. The red clay was moist past first couple inches suprisingly. But as we get into higher sun angle by March, it'll be a different story .

Back