• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Woof

1639785600-XC4SrYSoe9g.png

Typically means more mixed precip, but our areas do far better in Miller B setups snow wise as well
You are correct… the problem with Miller As for CLT metro is just how sharp that cut off is on the NW edge. You can go from 4-6”+ to nothing in a matter of 10-15 miles, and usually CLT metro is on the wrong side of that. Every now and then a January 2002 will happen, but I would much rather take my chance with a Miller B

Since today's focus seems to be the EPO (hmmmmm), I'm sharing this for anyone who wants a little background at a very basic and understandable level (i.e., sans the nuances) ...

1639167383247.gif
Well since Jan ‘88 was brought up, just thought I would give a friendly reminder of the 5H pattern as one of those “best case scenarios” for widespread SE storm. Interesting in that the EPO was very negative, although there were low heights along the west coast, and a very positive NAO. Some of our best storms are when we have low heights throughout the continent, allowing high presssure to keep storms suppressed and also allowing energy to easily ride underneath it from west to east.

Back