• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Well now

500h_anom.na.png

Definitely some severe weather with that front as well. Those in Central and eastern Georgia and the eastern Carolinas will probably go through 3 different seasons in about a span of 12 hours. further west we hold onto the CAD until we warm into the low 60's that morning before being in the 40's by lunch.

You can see the GFS is looking like it's wanting to try again but we really need to get that upper low out of NW Canada and Alaska to really start pumping heights up the west coast. But that -NAO is something fierce.

1639069545005.png

I remember the cold push in December 2017 (also Niña) (pretty sure this was the year). Record cold for major US cities on New Year’s Eve. I even got flurries on New Years night here. Big SER was showing up on modeling and the cold push through the middle of the country eventually wiped it out and we were well below normal for several weeks.

I remember the cold push in December 2017 (also Niña) (pretty sure this was the year). Record cold for major US cities on New Year’s Eve. I even got flurries on New Years night here. Big SER was showing up on modeling and the cold push through the middle of the country eventually wiped it out and we were well below normal for several weeks.
Yeah I remember that winter... Everybody kept saying it was going to get warm and That kept getting pushed off.

You can see the GFS is looking like it's wanting to try again but we really need to get that upper low out of NW Canada and Alaska to really start pumping heights up the west coast. But that -NAO is something fierce.

View attachment 97294
I don't beleive there would be a strong +PNA signature, going with more of a continuous slight -PNA/netrual or even a weak +PNA at times. The blocking over the North Pacific would be stationary, but meandering, fluctuating the PNA.

This is what we end with. Out west looks bad again but we are starting to build another -NAO and another lobe of cold air is pushing SE. One thing that is really starting to appear is a ton of CAD field days showing up in between the cold and is really moderating the SER at least east of the mountains.
1639070570335.png

Back