• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe December 28th -new years possible severe weather event.

Looks like the meso low formed near the Memphis area. See what that does. Overall most rotation has been broad tonight. Which is a good thing. Curious to the evolution over central Alabama later though

Looks like the meso low formed near the Memphis area. See what that does. Overall most rotation has been broad tonight. Which is a good thing. Curious to the evolution over central Alabama later though

Yeah, fortunately the best ascent has failed to align with the best instability, so far.

That and the lack of a well defined surface low (as the flow remains somewhat veered) is keeping storm organization in check.

But I don't want to jinx what's been a good trend (*knocks on wood*)

The storm right below the Guin storm is Severe Warned probably could progress as well if atmosphere is similar

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211229-194130_RadarScope.jpg
    Screenshot_20211229-194130_RadarScope.jpg
    928.5 KB · Views: 20
Big supercell moving northeast to Alabama. Looks a bit suscpicousScreenshot_20211229-185915.png

It's taking it's time. But it's developing a decent mesocyclone. Wrapping up.Screenshot_20211229-190832.png

I used to drive thru winfield on the way to my hunting club when we had land over that way. Really hope the damage there is not bad.

That cell ^ needs a warning. Best developed cell all day. Rotation is getting tight on it now.

Back