• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December 2023

Almost no precipitation in the Nashville area frozen or otherwise. Pretty much played out as the models predicted . A few light sprinklers but still no frozen stuff for the winter just yet. Not worried though because there’s still about 10 weeks left to score some frozen stuff!
Have you ever had a year where you didn’t have any frozen precip at all by the end of December ?

One of the warmest Decembers on record here for sure and no snow officially will be recorded either. Yeah I see a lot of potential in January but just saying ?

And interestingly there's been some big snow years where it didn't snow til January either

Have you ever had a year where you didn’t have any frozen precip at all by the end of December ?
Oh yeah at least half the winters since I’ve lived here in 2006 I’ve gone past December without any frozen. Most of those were in the first 7-8 years though. The last 8 or so years I’ve had multiple Novembers and Aprils with minor accumulating snow. Here’s the November and April snows I’ve had since 2018.
IMG_4621.jpegIMG_4622.jpegIMG_4624.jpegIMG_4625.jpegIMG_4626.jpegIMG_4627.jpeg

Oh yeah at least half the winters since I’ve lived here in 2006 I’ve gone past December without any frozen. Most of those were in the first 7-8 years though. The last 8 or so years I’ve had multiple Novembers and Aprils with minor accumulating snow. Here’s the November and April snows I’ve had since 2018.
View attachment 139468View attachment 139469View attachment 139470View attachment 139471View attachment 139472View attachment 139473
Really nice!!

img_4625-jpeg.139471

Merry Christmas from the Family?

2023 has without a doubt been the most boring, 0 thrill of my weather infatuation life span. 2024 could only tie it at worst lol. 0 snow accum entire calendar year is the major contributing factor. So long 2023!!!

2023 has without a doubt been the most boring, 0 thrill of my weather infatuation life span. 2024 could only tie it at worst lol. 0 snow accum entire calendar year is the major contributing factor. So long 2023!!!

It really just hit me that it never really snowed this year here. Yikes

The biggest event was by far the Father's Day derecho

Otherwise it was heat and more heat

If not for the 15 minute sleet shower that I got Friday afternoon, I would have gone the entire calendar year without any winter precip. That didn’t even happen in the horrendously bad early 90s.

Max: 71.2
Min: 22.8
Avg: 45.3 (+2)
Rain: 7.15
Snow: zilch

December felt pretty average here and according to my PWS it was about +2 (but it tends to always run a tad warm on bright sunny days) and according to map posted above only +1 imby. Either way, could've been better could've been much worse.

Dec Temp summary. Praying for a cooler January

View attachment 139736

I really don't have any complaints about December. Overall it felt pretty normal IMBY. I don't really expect snow in December so it was fine by me. It didn't torch, generally 20/30s for lows, 50/low 60s occasional highs. Solid start to the winter. ??

I really don't have any complaints about December. Overall it felt pretty normal IMBY. I don't really expect snow in December so it was fine by me. It didn't torch, generally 20/30s for lows, 50/low 60s occasional highs. Solid start to the winter. ??
That 3 above in Atlanta is UHI driven for sure. It's surrounded by 1 and 2 above which is really close to average. December felt like a very typical December of my youth.

Back