• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 27 Light winter event

A light dusting (0.1") of snow/sleet accumulation has occurred in/around Wilson already, lol Raleigh getting jipped again
I’ve got pink stuff on the radar over my head, and the ground is a little wet. But nothing looks to be falling, as it appears from my upstairs window.

Ended up with a measurable trace (0.1") here. Nothing really exciting, but a measurable event once more here. Maybe we can pull another rabbit out in the next week but better for more people. We need a nice overrunning!
Nothing wrong with that! Heck about 60-65% of the snow that has fallen in Raleigh, NC since 1887 has been either a trace or 0.1"

It's pepto bismol to relieve the diarrhea that is this winter

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Lol! Going to need some wet wipes too. We’re just getting started. We’ve got a whiff coming up, followed by another whiff, followed by a cold rain, followed by a warm-up. By January 3, there will have been accumulating snowfall north, south, east, and west of Raleigh. We’re the best.

Rocky Mount is reporting light snow, radar seems to support that atm with snow from Nashville to Williamston near and just north of the HWY 64 corridor...
Congrats to them i guess... I got nada

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lol! Going to need some wet wipes too. We’re just getting started. We’ve got a whiff coming up, followed by another whiff, followed by a cold rain, followed by a warm-up. By January 3, there will have been accumulating snowfall north, south, east, and west of Raleigh. We’re the best.
You're not alone, Fayetteville is in the same boat atm

Thanks for that I'll make note of this when I make the final snow/sleet accumulation map for the event. I actually wasn't sure if it was snowing that far west but apparently yes
Make sure the line stops at I-95 in Halifax County.... not sure why this sucks I didn't expect anything but it still sucks. Radar returns literally 2 miles from mby

Make sure the line stops at I-95 in Halifax County.... not sure why this sucks I didn't expect anything but it still sucks. Radar returns literally 2 miles from mby

Wow that sucks :/ I'd personally go chase it because why not haha but yes looks like down towards Scotland Neck they're going to at least get a dusting

Talk about an isolated event.....this made me laugh

683bece69445deca9bcc442efcf74df2.jpg

Now it’s sleeting a little. Woo hoo! Third sleet of the season, and it’s still only December!! What a winter!

Wow that sucks :/ I'd personally go chase it because why not haha but yes looks like down towards Scotland Neck they're going to at least get a dusting
I'll leave the chase to you young bucks, if the snow won't come to me I don't want to see it lol

Here's the final snow & sleet accumulation map for the event earlier today. North-central coastal plain and northern tidewater regions were the big winners with up to a dusting of snow (~0.2-0.3") likely occurring in the jackpot areas. An intriguing area of sct'd snow flurries developed over the southwestern piedmont later in the morning just east-northeast of Charlotte so I also made note of that and included it in the map
December 27 2017 NC Snowmap.png

Back