• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Car Advice

W

WeatherLC

I have a 2011 Toyota Prius. It's been well taken care of. It's been consuming oil all of a sudden despite not having a leak. (It's been checked) any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could just be the type of oil, or a gasket problem somewhere.  I'd take it to someone who knows what they are doing cause it could be around the cylinders.  If something isn't right around there, you might kinda be screwed.  Lets hope not, Toyota engines last for a very long time generally.

Starburst link said:
Could just be the type of oil, or a gasket problem somewhere.  I'd take it to someone who knows what they are doing cause it could be around the cylinders.  If something isn't right around there, you might kinda be screwed.  Lets hope not, Toyota engines last for a very long time generally.
Well the car uses a thin sae0w20 oil. They upgraded it today to something thicker. Hopefully that does the trick.

GainesvilleWX link said:
[quote author=Starburst link=topic=58.msg2565#msg2565 date=1482023198]
Well the car uses a thin sae0w20 oil. They upgraded it today to something thicker. Hopefully that does the trick.
[/quote]

Good deal.  I would have tried that first also.

I bet that will work out for you. I would maybe use some high millage oil also.
Starburst link said:
[quote author=GainesvilleWX link=topic=58.msg2570#msg2570 date=1482024044]
[quote author=Starburst link=topic=58.msg2565#msg2565 date=1482023198]
[/quote]
I bet that will work out for you. I would maybe use some high millage oil also.

Good deal.  I would have tried that first also.
[/quote]

What a coincidence.  Just had a 2004 Dodge Dakota Engine blow out.. 45k miles.  UGH!  Horrible trucks, don't buy!

The first time I get to drive the car in a year and a half and we have a 50% chance of rain Saturday. Luckily it's not much and the amounts look to be less than 0.10" all day.

If you're out and about on Saturday and you happen to be around Road Atlanta, we'll be across the street at Lanier Raceway doing a Test n Tune and anyone can stop by to watch. I'll be there from around 8 am until sometime after 2pm, so drop by and say hey! I look something like that guy in the car... oh wait... that is me having a bad hair day. If you'd like to read about what this Jeep looking car is... http://www.northgeorgiawx.com/the-jeep.html
picture upload

The first time I get to drive the car in a year and a half and we have a 50% chance of rain Saturday. Luckily it's not much and the amounts look to be less than 0.10" all day.

If you're out and about on Saturday and you happen to be around Road Atlanta, we'll be across the street at Lanier Raceway doing a Test n Tune and anyone can stop by to watch. I'll be there from around 8 am until sometime after 2pm, so drop by and say hey! I look something like that guy in the car... oh wait... that is me having a bad hair day. If you'd like to read about what this Jeep looking car is... http://www.northgeorgiawx.com/the-jeep.html
picture upload
That's awesome man... you ever watch American Pickers? Why do I get the feeling you have some stuff around there they would love to sink their teeth into

Back