• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Banter Thread

Storm5

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry I deleted the banter thread on accident . So he is a fresh start

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Storm5 link said:
Sorry I deleted the banter thread on accident . So he is a fresh start

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Lol I was just scrolling through and poof....I was like wth??!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, the thread moderation on here is a bit wonky.  Sadly, you can't bring it back unless you have a recycle bin set up.  I made a backup last Friday, but it's just banter and meh, not worth the restore since we lost everything between now and last Friday anyways.

I like how this board isn't as serious with the discussion thread, though.

Someone else posted their weather channel forecast for next week so I looked at mine and thought I'd post it. It's very unlikely to happen but it's not every day you see snow in the forecast 5 days in a row. Even up here in northern Tennessee it's rare.
4c44ce6ea7f4c75e31b45adde8442e6d.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah the only thing I ask is we try not to get off topic with to many non weather related things in the storm threads. Try to save that for banter.

Get your sausage biscuits 2 for $1 at Bojangle's tomorrow courtesy of the Tar Heels!

Met1985 link said:
[quote author=Brick Tamland link=topic=69.msg4086#msg4086 date=1482977407]
Get your sausage biscuits 2 for $1 at Bojangle's tomorrow courtesy of the Tar Heels!
Sorry Brick but Carolina sucks!!!!!
[/quote]

BikVMVACcAAvH17.jpg

I'm just going to drop this in here really quickly. I am probably the most anti ban person around and at some point I may let bigstick come back.  That said if we are receiving numerous reports/complaints about people action has to be taken. I don't want to lose valuable members or future members because of individual antics. We are striving to make this a place for everyone with an environment that isn't hostile and promotes discussion while having a bit of fun. I just wanted to put this our there so people don't believe we are ban happy.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

SD link said:
I'm just going to drop this in here really quickly. I am probably the most anti ban person around and at some point I may let bigstick come back.  That said if we are receiving numerous reports/complaints about people action has to be taken. I don't want to lose valuable members or future members because of individual antics. We are striving to make this a place for everyone with an environment that isn't hostile and promotes discussion while having a bit of fun. I just wanted to put this our there so people don't believe we are ban happy.

We already had to ban some people ?  Like I said before if you need another moderator. I be glad to volunteer. I would be a fair person. :)

SD link said:

Lay the hammer down SD!

HartselleWeather link said:
[quote author=SD link=topic=69.msg4108#msg4108 date=1482980443]

We already had to ban some people ?  Like I said before if you need another moderator. I be glad to volunteer. I would be a fair person. :)
[/quote]
We banned the shirtless guy. We got a ton of complaints about him tonight and people before tonight complained. Like I said it wasn't on my priority list...he kinda brought it on himself

HartselleWeather link said:

[/quote]

The only person ever banned from this site is bigstick for the following reasons:

- name : bigstick

He was here since inception of the site.  And he always had this "jerk" mentality in his posts & imagery.

Shawn link said:
[quote author=HartselleWeather link=topic=69.msg4110#msg4110 date=1482980599]

[/quote]

The only person ever banned from this site is bigstick for the following reasons:

- name : bigstick

He was here since inception of the site.  And he always had this "jerk" mentality in his posts & imagery.
[/quote]
I agree with banning then. Their no need to be a jerk to people. We all here to learn weather and hope to score on big board wide snow.

Maybe he's just sour.  He was the same over on other forums.  I just feel like he took away from the "family" feel the site is likely looking for.

SD link said:
[quote author=HartselleWeather link=topic=69.msg4110#msg4110 date=1482980599]

[/quote]
We banned the shirtless guy. We got a ton of complaints about him tonight and people before tonight complained. Like I said it wasn't on my priority list...he kinda brought it on himself

[/quote]
Hey sometimes you have to do what you gotta do.  I would have done the same thing.  I think this board has done pretty darn awesome so far. I been just on looking for while. 

Talkweather 2.0  ;D

Back