• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush 2020

gfs_T2m_seus_30.png

What on earth
That is probably from rain cooled air.

This isn't a complaint. More so pointing out how horrible models are. All I heard all week from GSP and local Mets how active today and tomorrow would be. Yet not even a shower so far within 50 miles of the GSP office.

This isn't a complaint. More so pointing out how horrible models are. All I heard all week from GSP and local Mets how active today and tomorrow would be. Yet not even a shower so far within 50 miles of the GSP office.
They should just ignore the models at this point and forecast 10-20% pops everyday until they see where the storms are going to be. Even if all models say 1-2 inches of rain for everybody, stick with the 10-20% chance. The only time to EVER go above 20% pops would be if a tropical system was close by or after about 2-3pm each day if radar trends warranted it. Bring the models back for Sept through May.

I might chase tomorrow around Fayetteville, nice backed surface winds east of the MCV and large low level shear and good deep layer shear really gets my mind going into chase mode, this has really appeared the last few runs 5E7503EA-8E07-40AF-949E-51F156B945F8.jpegE6B61967-F1A5-4F52-A986-B01CECBA45C2.pngFBC2FE55-EED7-4B30-BFB9-806EFCE0F451.png1EACA529-D36E-485C-9BDB-57921C2E33D5.jpeg

I might chase tomorrow around Fayetteville, nice backed surface winds east of the MCV and large low level shear and good deep layer shear really gets my mind going into chase mode, this has really appeared the last few runs View attachment 46822View attachment 46821View attachment 46820View attachment 46823
If we don't get into residual crap tomorrow morning or you can get a well defined differential heating boundary it could be a good day to get 1 or 2 solid cells away from the main conglomeration of storms. I think the biggest inhibitors will be debris clouds/light rain or subsidence if the wave is too fast

Kinda wanted to pick him up at the time, but was skeptical if it was a water moccasin at one point, just a harmless water snake tho

Just came across another baby one near the pond, it’s eyes looked kinda elliptical with my flashlight but it was very hard to tell, those fuckers are fast, this one was a bit darker as well, there must be sum going on Becuase there’s a bunch of babies around that pond

Kinda wanted to pick him up at the time, but was skeptical if it was a water moccasin at one point, just a harmless water snake tho
Water moccasins aren't native too areas that far inland if I'm not mistaken. In all honesty, though still wouldn't surprise me if you found one there because most habitat distribution maps are either very outdated or underreport the true extent of a species range.

Back