• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc August Auguring

Yeah it's dry here as well . Hopefully Harvey brings us all some rain AND the eastern Pacific storm looks to get caught up and pulled into Mexico which hopefully slings moisture into the lower 48 as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol! Didn't you get like 15 inches in June or July??

Just noticed Frost Advisory issued in the UP of Michigan and northern Wisconsin ... first one I have noticed (but could have missed one earlier.) Maybe just me, but seems like everything this year, including spring, has been a couple weeks ahead of schedule.

Just noticed Frost Advisory issued in the UP of Michigan and northern Wisconsin ... first one I have noticed (but could have missed one earlier.) Maybe just me, but seems like everything this year, including spring, has been a couple weeks ahead of schedule.

Agreed! Everything's been kinda off this year after winter. It's been much cooler at night to me as well. Lots more 60s this year verses 70s. Noticed on the meteostar lower 50s have become a common theme for the last several days of the run. Wouldn't shock me actually. Let's just hope it turns into a cold winter somewhere lol.

My upper 70s next week , are now mid 80s! #FAKEWEDGE
#MODELSSUCK

Drought will become the big story as time goes on. Much of the southeast will see D4 drought by sometime in November. Winter will probably be very warm and dry too.

Drought will become the big story as time goes on. Much of the southeast will see D4 drought by sometime in November. Winter will probably be very warm and dry too.
Maybe for your neck of woods lol. Winter will be great

That has to be the most irrational thing I have heard since earlier this year when you said not a drop before August, and then it rained. I honestly believe we are almost done with this dry spell and are about to get wetter again. If there is one thing I have noticed, dry patterns seem to get dryer modeling, producing dryer forecasts for long range, and wet patterns create wetter runs and wetter forecasts. As they fade into each other or from each other, they add chances to the forecast, or take them away. Harvey for now dictates whether we get rain or not, and if the NHC screwed up and the models did too, except the EPS, then we could be in for some rain.

Feeling good out here this AM. It definitely feels like fall. Tropical wave off the GA coast pulling down gusty, northeasterly winds.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Yeah...air mass is decidedly different today. Haven't felt like this in a few months.

Snowflakes are starting to fly in Alaska.
10036-150395700372277201.jpg

Back