• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Thread

Made it to 75*F at DFW today with sunny skies.

Hopefully, we're done with the 60s until next fall after yesterday.

Dropped to 46 this morning, great running weather lol. I really hope the winds stays up tonight as most models are showing but with very dry air in place, some areas (like mby) not getting much rain yesterday to moisten up soils and models always underestimating radiational cooling, could be close call. I think the wind does the trick but I'll be watching my newly planted garden closely tonight just in case

nam3km_Td2m_seus_27.png

After today, forecast is in the mid/upper 80s for the extended.

Still a sensitive forecast though (could end up cooler) depending on how the pattern evolves behind a pair of shortwaves this weekend.

Dropped to 46 this morning, great running weather lol. I really hope the winds stays up tonight as most models are showing but with very dry air in place, some areas (like mby) not getting much rain yesterday to moisten up soils and models always underestimating radiational cooling, could be close call. I think the wind does the trick but I'll be watching my newly planted garden closely tonight just in case

nam3km_Td2m_seus_27.png
Good thing is we are likely to have some pretty sizable dewpoint depressions so even if we realize a few 37-38 degree readings the mega frost potential would be low unlike last week where the dew recovered when mixing stopped and we were at 36/36 by 10pm

Good thing is we are likely to have some pretty sizable dewpoint depressions so even if we realize a few 37-38 degree readings the mega frost potential would be low unlike last week where the dew recovered when mixing stopped and we were at 36/36 by 10pm
Yeah good point, I think we survive tonight and hopefully this is it..... still I'm keeping an eye on it. Lol

Yeah good point, I think we survive tonight and hopefully this is it..... still I'm keeping an eye on it. Lol
We may have some clouds sneak in towards morning too which may help but I'm not sure we can depend on it. This NW flow with WAA stacking up against the back of the trough should direct increasing amounts of mid and high level moisture our way over the next 72 hours. I just hope we don't get stuck in
a craptacular cloudy day with highs in the 50s with a lot of virga (see Saturday) if it does that I'd rather eek out a decent rain event

Back