• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ah-choo April Discussion

The severe chances have been slim to none here this spring. I am ready for warm and dry after all this rain if we're not going to have any storms to keep it exciting.

Raise your hand if your ready for the first week of May!!!!! It's gonna be soooooo much cooler vs recent weeks and with rain chances as well !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

On this date in 1910, Atlanta had an incredible event, over 1" of snow with a high of only 39!! It wouldn't surprise me if that were a 1 in 500 or even 1,000 year type of event. Something like this in early April would be quite rare. This being in late April is extraordinary!

PS: This is the heaviest snow by a good margin on record there for all of April! That's what tells me this is much more than a 1 in 100 year type of event.

Last edited:
On this date in 1910, Atlanta had an incredible event, over 1" of snow with a high of only 39!! It wouldn't surprise me if that were a 1 in 500 or even 1,000 year type of event. Something like this in early April would be quite rare. This being in late April is extraordinary!

PS: This is the heaviest snow by a good margin on record there for all of April! That's what tells me this is much more than a 1 in 100 year type of event.

Wow!!! That's amazing

8.31 is a bit much, but notwithstanding, y'all and your rain are making it difficult to concentrate ... :confused:

p168i.gif

Latest 7 day rainfall. Flood threat again.
I will gladly take and run for here, but the amounts to the west are way too high.
8.31 is a bit much, but notwithstanding, y'all and your rain are making it difficult to concentrate ... :confused:
Lol. 8" is a lot. I remember in 2009 we had near or over a foot of rain if I remember correctly over the course of a week. That was too much rain.

The system this weekend is slowing way down . Heavy rain looks likely for many Sunday into Monday

The system this weekend is slowing way down . Heavy rain looks likely for many Sunday into Monday

Yep, kind of like how yesterday's system did, as we got closer

Some

Some areas in southeast TN have already had up to 10" in the past 7 days. We dont need no more. Scary flood threat short term.

The best chance for rain in FLA now will be from a hurricane or tropical storm.and they won't possible for another month or so. The next best chance would be from the seabreeze.

The best chance for rain in FLA now will be from a hurricane or tropical storm.and they won't possible for another month or so. The next best chance would be from the seabreeze.
Seabreeze fronts tend to kick in in late May or early June; until then, it's get what you can .... :mad:

and BTW - no thanks on a hurricane ... :cool:

Back