• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

6/3 severe wx threat

I expect areas further south to be put in a threat by the SPC, the stronger LLJ should remain to our north but given the higher thermodynamics/more insolation and still present shear, there might be a legit wind/isolated tornado threat View attachment 84632View attachment 84633
Got a feeling we get a line in the mountains that barfs out an outflow and it rolls east.

Wonder if we have enough LLJ or anything to get perhaps a supercell or 2 before that, that’s what I would definitely chase
Probably these setups usually have the most severe with the initial cells before they line out and the outflow limits the vertical growth and longevity of the updraft. I'd watch for an old mcv from the deep south to get directed toward us and potentially enhance things the 12k kind of hinted at that.

Friday probably needs to be included in this as well. Kinematics aren't going to be as great but might have a little more drying aloft and convergence along the sfc front

Intense coverage of storms across central NC now being depicted by the HRRR ... flash flooding may be a bigger cause for concern tomorrow FB2F095D-5CD4-48AD-9892-E70ADAF15828.png

Back