• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

5.1 Earthquake in Sparta NC

Birds don’t like this **** going wild is a big ****** ****** coming?

FWIW, USGS now says 63% chance of 3.0 or greater within 1 year. 9% chance greater than 4.0. And up to 19 earthquakes greater than 3.0 possible in 1 year. Nothing to severe, everything else near 1% or less.

I just felt one around 759pm. Checking to see
If it was over 2.5 threshold for listing on USGS site

I felt the one today it was a 2.3 in Sparta bit stronger than recent ones

19 are in Red Cross housing. 525 homes/businesses need repair. Geologists finally left the area today and will issue their findings soon.

How does you not feeling it indicate anything, just out of curiosity?
Actually 2.1. I believe (subject to review) that the Sparta quake has created pressure further down the fault line into Wilkes and even other counties. I wish those geologists would hurry up on their findings they left town over a month ago.

Actually 2.1. I believe (subject to review) that the Sparta quake has created pressure further down the fault line into Wilkes and even other counties. I wish those geologists would hurry up on their findings they left town over a month ago.
Aren't small quakes like this somewhat common up there?

Back