• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 4/12 - (?) Severe Weather

@Zander98al You did say that my area could have severe weather without capping issues, but the models are saying that it's likely the case with this setup.
Haven't really checked much since the initial post, lots of things can usually change up when 6-7 days out. It's still to early on any type of specifics too be honest

Someone was foolish enough to do this
Some of these large tornado on the ground reports are complete bogus. I wish storm spotters and such would be completely honest with what there seeing and not exaggerate. The Arkansas tornado emergency was never needed, its bad for the whole industry when people don't give 100% accurate ground truth.

I think the southeast has gotten better at tornado warnings and such over the years but, ground spotters are necessary and the reports of a large tornado when it's actually a funnel cloud is a big difference.

Overall I get too excited when it comes to weather but I'm not reporting to the NWS and such lol, and I always say listen to the official weather offices and stuff. False reports are very dangerous to weather people's creditability

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of these large tornado on the ground reports are complete bogus. I wish storm spotters and such would be completely honest with what there seeing and not exaggerate. The Arkansas tornado emergency was never needed, its bad for the whole industry when people don't give 100% accurate ground truth.

I think the southeast has gotten better at tornado warnings and such over the years but, ground spotters are necessary and the reports of a large tornado when it's actually a funnel cloud is a big difference.

Overall I get too excited when it comes to weather but I'm not reporting to the NWS and such lol, and I always say listen to the official weather offices and stuff. False reports are very dangerous to weather people's creditability
I only report if there's no one else has, I did make a legit storm report due to the Surprise Snowstorm of December 2020. I didn't get a reply (As expected), but ~15 minutes after the report was sent, a WWA was issued for up to 1 inch of snow, but I got 1.5 inches! Lol

Haven’t been following the weather nearly as much the past few days, so today has kinda just snuck up on me. Could be an active evening around Central OK.AE2F168D-DC87-4BED-8B92-797DC830D1E6.gif

Back