• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

2024 Spring/Summer Life besides weather thread

Arcc

2024 Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t see a thread like this so here it is.

Just got home from the Beyond the Horizons air show in Montgomery. Freakin amazing.

Reactions: SD
Anyone want to know a completely crazy but not shocking fact? Yes the state of Alabama charges you tax to buy a fishing license from the State of Alabama….. weird right?

Anyone want to know a completely crazy but not shocking fact? Yes the state of Alabama charges you tax to buy a fishing license from the State of Alabama….. weird right?
Thought that was standard practice. NC makes you buy both salt and freshwater licenses. Spanish mackerel have arrived so I'm gonna test them this week

Thought that was standard practice. NC makes you buy both salt and freshwater licenses. Spanish mackerel have arrived so I'm gonna test them this week

No you are a right it is as far as buying fishing licenses, but they literally charged me a 10% buying tax on top of the license fee. That is the funny part; the state taxed its own product which was passed on to me. It must be a new practice because I remember paying only the license fee in the past.

Well , Iowa that has more cows than people, charges 30$ a year for resident fishing license and that doesn’t include the trout stamp and that’s for only 2 rods max
If you want to use a 3rd rod, I believe it’s an extra 5$
And they go January to January, NOT 12 months from the month you buy, like SC went to

Back