• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2022 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts and prayers to her and your family! Cancer sucks, I lost a sister to cancer about 3 years ago!
Sorry for your lost. It’s been a rough go past couple days. She has cancer in both of her ovaries. Doctor says it’s been going on for a while so it’s not good as of now.

Band name: "Tropical Tornado"! Or maybe a mixed drink? I don't think we are going to moisten up the ground enough to make trees fall over in a 40 mph gust. This is way off the mark, I think.

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Peachtree City GA
243 PM EST Thu Nov 10 2022

...Afternoon Area Forecast Discussion...

.SHORT TERM...
(This afternoon through Friday)
Issued at 241 PM EST Thu Nov 10 2022

Tropical Storm Nicole''s outer bands are beginning to push across
the forecast area this afternoon and impacts are expected to
increase through the night and into Friday. With the most recent
outer band, multiple ASOS sites are recording wind gusts up to
30-40mph across metro ATL and central Georgia, expecting this
trend to continue. In addition, with heavier rain bands beginning
to move into the CWA, expecting an increase in down trees and
powerlines through this evening as grounds become more saturated.
No major changes in QPF at this time, with more persistent
rainfall expected to overspread the area by this evening, through
the overnight hours. This widespread rainfall will persist through
Friday morning before gradually ending from SW to NE through
Friday afternoon, as the remnants of Nicole quickly eject NE.
Currently forecasting majority of north and central Georgia to see
around 1.5-2.0", with locally higher amounts up to 3.0" across
far central Georgia and then the NE Georgia mountains. Thankfully,
given dry antecedent conditions, not anticipating widespread
significant flash flooding issues, though localized issues of
street flooding and drainage problems could arise, particularly
where the locally higher amounts occur with rain bands that setup
over the area. Main threats for the rest of today and through
tonight will be damaging wind gusts causing multiple downed trees
and powerlines, localized flash flooding, and small chance of a
spin-up tropical tornado.

Ff7dgHfaMAAtjyX

DEC 04 939 super cane headed to FLA.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_64.png
It's finally that storm that that one guy was predicting up a couple years ago on here!

DraJ_PIW4AAXHl7.jpg

My wife asked me if there are Thanksgiving songs, the above from Adam's family is all I came up.

In other news watched terrifier 2 last night. Maybe the scariest Clown Movie since IT. Mainly just violence and gore but the fact the clown never speaks plays a role too.

I don't work for WBTV, but I work in the building, and while I didn't know Jason other than running into him in the hallway once or twice, I could tell just by the way people in the building are reacting to this news that he touched so many with his presence. I actually was planning on reaching out to him after the holiday to ask him for advice on learning about meteorology, simply because he seemed friendly when I ran into him and heard how he greeted a couple of people warmly. He leaves behind four kids and a widow.

And equally, keep in your hearts the family of Chip Tayag, the pilot, whose efforts brought the helicopter down off the interstate, keeping others out of harm's way. The hearts of his family are aching just as much.

Last edited:
I don't work for WBTV, but I work in the building, and while I didn't know Jason other than running into him in the hallway once or twice, but I could tell just by the way people in the building are reacting to this news that he touched so many with his presence. I actually was planning on reaching out to him after the holiday to ask him for advice on learning about meteorology, simply because he seemed friendly when I ran into him and heard how he greeted a couple of people warmly. He leaves behind four kids and a widow.

And equally, keep in your hearts the family of Chip Tayag, the pilot, whose efforts brought the helicopter down off the interstate, keeping others out of harm's way. The hearts of his family are aching just as much.
Keeping them in my prayers. I saw images and footage of the incident and it broke my heart. The pilot did a darn good job of not making it worse. Keeping those families and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back