• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2022 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went down an interesting rabbit hole for some of this Sunday afternoon:

I wasn't aware of this town until today, but I discovered it when I found out that US-301 used to be a significant route near the coast until I-95 was built, and you can see some relics of the past on this route from when US-301 was the route to use.

So this is an apocalypse thread now :D I was wondering what you meant there. But yeah, you can technically survive in the heat with little energy, but man, that would be hard to go back to. We had no AC growing up. You get used to it, but it aint the best.

I had AC growing up, one of us is older than the other, settled science..... :cool:

I don't know if it's just my perception, but I feel like by mid August the evening breeze just dies and we get into those Dog days of stagnant humid air and no breeze. That's when i'm done.
Agree, August just sucks. Only good thing is the last week when you start squinting at LR model output that shows potential tropical systems or the first Fall air that might try to make it's way into N. North Dakota.

Agree, August just sucks. Only good thing is the last week when you start squinting at LR model output that shows potential tropical systems or the first Fall air that might try to make it's way into N. North Dakota.
You'd have to look past the September death ridge to peak at the first fall front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back